If you’re thinking of moving to Canada or the US to work, study or immigrate, we can help. We can count your points with our calculator for Canada’s Express Entry System. We can advise you on how to improve your ranking and get an invitation to apply. We will develop your strategy, prepare your applications and guide you through the entire process. You get certainty and personal service from one of the Best Lawyers in Canada and our highly experienced, accessible team.
What we do
We consult with you about your goals and priorities and develop a strategy for you with cost and efficiency in mind. We prepare and file applications for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Permanent Residence and Citizenship. We deal with admissibility issues and file applications for Temporary Resident Permits and Rehabilitation. We also represent clients in appeals before the Immigration Appeal Division and Federal Court of Canada.
Who we serve
We serve individuals and families all over the world who are interested in moving to Canada or the United States.
Areas of focus:
- Temporary Resident Visas
- Study Permits
- Work Permits
- Permanent Residence
- Temporary Resident Permits & Rehabilitation
- Appeal a Negative Decision
- We work in a team that includes an experienced immigration lawyer and a skilled paralegal.
- Once you retain us, we will assess your situation and credentials, recommend a strategy and meet with you in person or online to discuss and confirm your instructions.
- We will confirm the costs for our services and provide you with a reasonable estimate.
- We gather the necessary information, prepare your applications and finalize them with you. We monitor your applications during processing, follow up when overdue and inform you of the results.
- We brief you before travel to Canada and stand by in case you need your legal team.
- Finally, we review your documents to ensure accuracy and have any errors corrected before they cause problems.
Langford Law’s immigration team collectively has over 40 years experience advising and representing clients from all over the world seeking to work, study or immigrate to Canada.
Langford Law’s immigration team collectively has over 40 years experience advising and representing clients from all over the world seeking to work or immigrate to Canada. We are experienced with families that relocate together and we can advise you on matters related to education, health care, banking, driver’s licence and importing personal assets.
Vance Langford is licensed to practise in Alberta, Canada and has practised Canadian immigration law for over 20 years. He is also admitted as an Attorney in the State of Massachusetts and practises United States immigration law. Mr. Langford is Past Chair of the Canadian Bar Association, National Immigration Law Section and has extensive knowledge of Canadian immigration law and policy. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers since 2018. He is also recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as repeatedly recommended for immigration law.
Vance enjoys working with individuals and families in all types of situations who are interested in relocating temporarily or permanently to Canada or the United States. He understands the pressures people face when they relocate internationally, as he did several times before settling in Calgary.
Our Immigration Paralegals have many years of experience assisting people with obtaining visas and progressing from temporary to permanent status in Canada.