Vance Langford is a Canadian lawyer and US attorney with over 20 years’ experience working with business owners and management to structure, organize, finance and go to market with products and services while managing risk and adapting to change.
In corporate matters, Vance works with owners, management and key advisors on shareholder relations, capitalization and governance. Vance is diligent in negotiating and completing joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Vance provides practical advice and certainty in commercial transactions. He is a trusted advisor to local businesses, multinationals and foreign investors. He is skilled at negotiating and drafting agreements with clarity and recourse.
Vance practices business immigration law in Canada and the United States and is recognized as a leading lawyer in these areas, especially with mobility for executives, professionals and technicians, not to mention artists, athletes and all of their families.
Vance navigates the world with clients engaged in international business through his network of advisors in corporate, tax, securities, intellectual property, trade and competition law.
University of Dundee, Master of Laws (LLM)
Hague Academy of International Law, Private International Law Session
University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Arts (BA), International Relations
- Corporate counsel to a leading oil and gas consulting firm and its development and commercialization of artificial intelligence and data technology.
- Corporate counsel to an agricultural products company in the development and protection of technology and financing of a protein isolation plant.
- Corporate counsel to an engineering, procurement and construction firm in the sale of its shares to a construction conglomerate.
- Corporate counsel to a major livestock trader and cattle ranching operation.
- Corporate counsel to a Canadian technology company providing control systems for recreational, marine and specialty vehicles.
- Corporate counsel to an equipment manufacturer with an international distribution network and patent portfolio.
- Corporate counsel to a Canadian joint venture partner in the commercialization of hydrogen generators in the US.
- US immigration counsel to Canadian drilling and managed pressure drilling companies.
- US immigration counsel to a Canadian national, public construction company and its pipeline installation division.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to a natural gas and hydrogen mobile distribution service.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to a Canadian multinational forestry company.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to a Canadian mining exploration company.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to a global environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions provider.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to national, Olympic and professional athletes and sports teams.
- US and Canadian immigration counsel to artists, entertainers and related organizations.
- Canadian immigration and employment counsel to an Indian multinational tech company establishing operations in Alberta.Canadian immigration counsel to a digital banking service provider.
- Canadian immigration and employment counsel to a North American infrastructure group with large-scale, multi-modal logistics centres.
- Recognized by Who’s Who Legal, Corporate Immigration Service 2023
- Nominated by Canadian Lawyer, Top 25 Most Influential – Changemakers in 2020
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada since 2018
- Recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory since 2018
- Chair, Board of Directors, Talent Pool Society
- Mentor and Advisor, Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Past Director & Chair, Public Policy Committee, United Way of Calgary and Area
- Past Governor and Chair, Audit and Risk Management Council, Bow Valley College
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Distress Centre Calgary
- Past Director, Immigrant Services Calgary
- Past Volunteer, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Calgary and Area
- Founding Member and Co-President, Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association
- Past Chair, National Immigration Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association